Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Bye Steve!

So I took Steve to the airport last night and it wasn't without some excitement.. I almost had to go back and get him cause I didn't give him enough time to catch the plane. Now, I've flown out of HNL enough times to know that I've never needed more than an hour to check in, go through security, and get to the gate - especially at night. But when I dropped Steve off, apparently there was a line of 200 people not even into the airport yet and they weren't moving very quickly either! What's that all about? Luckily, his flight was delayed and he made it home safe (without some luggage, I hear) although mildly irritated.

Before the airport, we happened into the Diamond Head Grill for a drink and found they had lychee martini's. I've never actually had a martini that I though was tasty enough to finish before, but this one was great! A little lychee syrup in with the vodka - not enough to be sweet, but just enough to give it a nice flavor. YUM. Steve had some clams and I got some creme brulee.. they have way too big of dessert servings there. I had a stomach ache from finishing it. But that martini... I'll have to figure that one out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home