Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kokua!

Today was the first day of Kokua Fest! David, Angelica, Jeremy, and I headed down and met up with Tony who was our awesomest parking angel ever.
The afternoon started with bocce ball. I'd never played before, but I was pretty sure from the beginning that my favorite part would be throwing the target ball and standing as the location flag. Of course I was right!

It was especially fun to make all kinds of faces while they threw the ball.

As for me, I have less and less of a problem with the fact that I am easily entertained (for the most part). It seriously could not have been a more perfect afternoon. The temperature was perfect, there was a great breeze, the music was great, people were wonderful... what more could you ask for??

oh yeah, you could ask for Angelica's cookies and a kava smoothie... check!

We played more bocce (a boys game and a boys vs. girls game) At first, David couldn't be stopped, then Andy and Rahul came in and cleaned up. Gotta love the shit talk. I actually played for real once and it was fun, but I still prefer being the target thrower and human flag.

And even though there was rain and rainbow's all day long, we only got actually rained on once - lucky for us the Erin/Aren's were there (prepared as usual) with a big green fort for all of us to fit under.

We even got the treat of the moon rising from out of diamond head.. sweet. We almost had Tanner convinced that it was going to erupt before the moon actually popped out... there was quite a glow.

After the concert was over, the cops came by scattering the trouble makers, but since we were clearly a well-behaved family group, we were left un-molested. Everyone checked out pretty early, but DnA and I stayed for late spooning followed by a nice full moon rock formations stop. Best Kokua so far!! can't wait for next year!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

liz

thats a sweet pic with the rainbow and me and angel

im gonna email that around

4/27/2008 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home