Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Kauai!

So I know that I have been non-existant over here... so I'm getting back on it!

I went to Kauai for work right before Thanksgiving for two days. It was great! I'd never been to Kauai before so just getting to see it was cool. Especially cause I finally got to beat Dave to an island!! 4-1 in his favor. I just can't compete with UH telescope runs and field trips.

Anyway! I was Jeeping/running around in the woods, over grown cow pastures, kiawe trees and boulders, and cruising the beach - all for the purpose of confirming a soils map for some big resort they're going to build on the old Robinson Estate (they used to own Niihau - the island to the west of Kauai).

Here's one of the more overgrown areas.. this was fun, but a little creepy by myself.


Here's some live cows I saw...


And one of the three dead ones I found... I chose the nicest one to look at - just for you guys.


Here's the beach. I tried to take a couple with Niihau in there, but they were all blurry for some reason.

The water was a little dirty due to the rivers adjacent to the property. I predict many shark attacks here in the future. I'm kind of kidding, cause I wouldn't swim here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home