Monday, April 28, 2008

I can NOT even believe this!!

I can't believe that these police officers got acquitted. It's completely infuriating. If you don't know about this case you should check it out.

Following Acquittal of NYPD Officers in Sean Bell Killing, Advocates Call for Special Prosecutor in Police Brutality Cases

In New York, a coalition of civil rights advocates are calling for a permanent state-level special prosecutor to handle police brutality cases following the acquittal of three NYPD detectives in the killing of Sean Bell. The twenty-three-year-old Bell died in a hail of fifty police bullets on the morning of what would have been his wedding day in November 2006. Two of his friends were also injured in the shooting. All three men were unarmed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

So whenever I hear the news, I basically do simple math on whatever stats they manage to give in the story for this one I did the following: 50 bullets. Ok, so if 10 cops have 6 shooters, but then I heard that there was only 3 police officers getting tried. So, I'm thinking that they MUST have been using the standard issue 9mm Glocks which typically have 15 round clips, meaning that all 3 completely emptied their pistols (totaling 45 rounds), I don't know where the extra 5 came from, maybe an untried cop, I don't know, don't really care about that part. What I DOOOOO care about is that these 3 mother fuckers EMPTIED their entire clips into an unarmed man. WTF- ohhh wait, I just read the last bit, he was black. OOOhhhh, it all makes sense now.

Did we learn nothing from Rodney King? Why is humanity doomed to make the same mistakes? Jesse is sad.

4/29/2008 12:37 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

It's fucking ridiculous. A guy at work told me the other day when I was listening to this episode of democracy now! that the reason that the cops get away with this shit is that supposedly, if a court case doesn't go their way, they strike. And then the city is fucked. I don't know if this is true, but... it makes you wonder

4/30/2008 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home