Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fool me once... or is it twice now

I'll have to check with bushy on that one..

I don't know how anyone could have missed hearing/reading about my 'exciting' Friday night a week ago, but I haven't had the chance to really tell the whole story to too many people.

Amy and I got our purses stolen off of the stage at Next Door. We'd originally set them down there because we were dancing directly in front of them and were constantly keeping an eye on them. Of course, dancing is not a stationary experience, and eventually we found ourselves out of line of sight from our things. That was that. Our things were gone and no one had seen anything. That was the beginning. We ran around trying to figure out what to do - asked bouncers, talked to the people around us, checked trash cans in the bathroom, and eventually wrote a statement to the owner who was kind of a jackass.

Anyway, after the adventure of getting out of Chinatown and back to Charyse's, canceling everything important, borrowing her car, breaking into my apartment, breaking into Amy's house, and sleeping for 2 hours before getting Charyse her car back so she could go to class.. began the fun of replacing everything.

The most fun was trying to sweet-talk the AT&T guy into letting me buy a phone without a state ID... ridiculous. The actual best part was the locksmith coming to get in to my car. I had to pay $200 for him to unlock my door (it actually took a WHILE), take apart my door, remove the lock that had once been drilled, take it back to his shop (he was out of toyota blanks), create a key from my busted lock, replace the busted lock, put the door back together, and saw off the Club. I was greatful. And then I went to City Mill and had 3 more sets of all my keys made.

In the end, I have [hopefully] learned my lesson and will remember in the future why I never liked carrying a purse in teh first place - they're just too easy to forget about (but so damn handy when you have a lot of crap to carry around!) and all I really need when I'm out on the town in money, keys, and an ID.. MAYBE my phone.. damnit - I just need all of my clothing to have cargo pockets!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Yeah I was kinda thinking, too bad pockets aren't really sexy.

10/14/2008 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home