Sunday, September 18, 2005

schemes and hurricanes

Man, we've been so busy moving part of the office that I haven't had time to babble about anything!

So the first exciting thing is the 2 possibly 3 hurricanes heading for the islands! I've been watching for this since I moved here, and none of the past storms have made it this far. I've always been interested in weather and all the crazy things it does and this is just giving all those geek buttons a good workout =). I'm very interested to see if any of the current stroms out there will hit us. It's mildly concerning that the house I live in doesn't have a foundation and I'd be kidding myself if I thought it would stand up to 80+ mph winds. It's also interesting to see what kinds (if any) warnings are being made to the public about these things. I understand that in the wake of Katrina, no one wants to encite public panic over storms that may or may not hit us; but it seems like having time to do as much prep as possible would be better than waiting til they know we're going to get hit in 2 days. Luckily I am my own information source.

The second exciting thing is that I've been scheming and constructing something to send over to Claire-buh-bean over on the mainland... OBVIOUSLY I can't be divulging exactly what kinds of things I've been doing since it would ruin the suprise, so you'll all have to wait. HAHAHAHA!! That's my evil scheming laugh!

And last, but certainly not least, Sean has been gone for the last week. Dave and I have been having to entertaining ourselves for a WEEK! Geez... good thing he's funny via blog so I can giggle my head off even when he's not around. Dave is now feeling left out that he doesn't have a blog too. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

When I read your blog, you voice speaks aloud in my head. I fucking love that.

I geeked out in one of my classes today. Everyone else in the room had that - ohmygod shut your face, this is so boring and I want to leave - look while I hammered away with questions (we talked about hurricanes quite a bit). I think Dave would've been mighty proud of my question asking persistency. Speaking of Dave, he should join the band wagon and get a blog.

9/19/2005 1:45 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

sadly, i can't see the hurricanes. i did look, but that was before i knew how far away they were. i used to like clouds, but now that i've been living in one for 8 days, i'm less fond of them.

9/19/2005 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home