Monday, December 12, 2005

Kauai - mad rushing

So after I spent the whole morning trying to see the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" (Waimea Canyon), I tried to get as much of the rest of the island in as I could! I drove to the end of the road on the southwest side. I thought I was getting into a cool mountain-side park (cause that's what the sign said) but it turned out to be restriced military land with all types of fences and signs talking about live fire and what-not.


So I went speeding back down the road - it was so fun with no one else around! And got back to this nice beach I had seen off the road.. with a nice little valley across from it.



Being on the sounthwest side of the island afforded me some kick-ass views of Niihau (knee-ee-how)! That sailboat had perfect timing =)



I couldn't resist some footprint pics..

After a few mintues on the beach, I realized I had just enough time to speed back to a town, eat, return the car, repack, and get my ass to the airport on the shuttle bus! Crap! I had been having so much fun speeding around taking pics of a place I hadn't been to and Dave hasn't been to... I didn't wanna go! And I certainly didn't get pics of everything worth taking pics of! So I did some driving pics hoping something would come out..




And finally, the classic "I'm sitting on the wrong side of the airplane for the good views, but there was nothing I could do about it" pics. At least I got a cool polarizer rainbow!


1 Comments:

Blogger geekedout said...

polarizer rainbows rock!

12/14/2005 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home