Monday, December 12, 2005

Kauai - Morning of the Canyon

Now I know this is a little overwhelming.. but hopefully my pics are good enough that you'll all look at the lot of them. I wanted to post many more, but I figure they kind of all look the same so if you're interested I'm uploading them to my Yahoo photo account (but to warn you I didn't take out the crappy ones). Or you could just come over and look at the with me ;)!

So I woke the morning of November 23 weakly determined to blow off work (cause I finished it yesterday, right? Right!) and explore the southern extents of the Island of Kauai.

This was the one and only posted lookout on the road (dave would have been so sad). A nice little canyon in the dawn sunlight.. ooo... aaahhh.... ooohh.


Moving along, I drove right to the Waimea Canyon road and took more pics than anyone really is going to want to look at. I originally thought the had turned out very poorly, but I think that's cause my memory was a little too fresh. Pics are never as good as the real thing, so waiting to do this was actually a good thing. You'll notice that the rain (that I can't seem to get away from when I visit places!) eventually came slowly sauntering in, challenging my photography skills.







I just couldn't get enough of this waterfall.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Hey kiddo, looks good from here. I didn't know you went to Kauai! So I'm going to be posting the Yosemite pics, and I just wanted to personally apologize that you didn't get to go. I'm sooo sorry that the weather didn't work out (rangers said it was really crappy before we got there). I hope you can come again sometime and we can do the Yosemite thing.

12/13/2005 7:37 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

=) No need for personal apologies. I am bummed I didn't get to go, but it's not like it's going anywhere. I just have to come back! Which, you know, is going to be such a crappy time.. what with all the wonderful grocery stores and all hehehe!

12/13/2005 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home