Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A-Poking-I-Will-Go...


I had an excellent acupuncture appointment this evening! James always cracks me up (how could anyone take him seriously with a scrunch-face like that?) but today he gave me some good news: He's finished writing my letter of recommendation for acupuncture school (where he works teaching point location when he's not poking random people full of needles at the Pilates Studio where I see him) and that I should be hearing from them shortly - and that they'll be telling me that I'm 'in on his recommendation' (in a haughty, but so appropriate with the 'proper shirts' and all, and the giggling when I say 'pants', British accent). =)
YAY! I'm all giggles and giddyness just thinking about it.

Then he was asking me (between goofy-ass songs about 'leena in the back of his cortina', and 'why did I get leprosy' to the tune of the beatles 'yesterday' and occasionally even the old favorite 'who ate all the pies') if Dave knew that he was going to turn into a human pin cushion... I assured him that the words "my guinea pig" had definitely been thrown around and that Dave had even offered to come in to the school and pay the hefty price of $10/ treatment to let me poke him with needles [it must be love (awww-just like my geeky brackets) when he willingly allows me to turn him into a pin cushion and mess with the inner workings of his body].. which apparently doesn't officially start until 4th semester, but James informed me that everyone starts needling anyone who will let them after the first week (or day) and asked me if I'd ever stuck a needle in anyone, and when I said no.. let me stick him in the arm! Great fun! I didn't feel a thing =)

I'm so excited!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

I'll gladly be a guinea pig, but maybe in about 7 months, so practice hard!

3/30/2006 1:49 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Super exciting!

This guys sounds great. What's better than a goofy pincushion?

3/30/2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I really don't know what's better than a goofy anything! I mean - look who I coose to spend my time with.. =)

3/30/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Personally, I'd call it trust!

3/30/2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger geekedout said...

ha. bring on the pain!

3/30/2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

yeah, I told James that you have a high pain tolerance.. but really, it shouldn't come to that unless by some chance you all of a sudden get problems like me =)

3/30/2006 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home