Sunday, March 26, 2006

Enough Already!

I have had enough of this rain!! It has been literally raining for 2 fucking months. I have run out of stuff to do inside I have attempted to fix a shirt from China, I have fixed my hot hippie dress, we've gone ice skating, I've done my laundry and put it away, we went to the swap meet, we've gone out to eat more than usual, I went shopping (and it was only slightly more annoying than usual), I've read about 3 books, we've watched too many movies AND actually watched some tv!!, i've slept in a lot, drank more, did some watercolor painting with Sean last night (we'll have pics later).. What else can we possibly do?? I can't stand looking at books right now, I'm sick of the tv whether it's a movie or some crappy show.

Everyone's getting upset about it too. I was happy about it for a while, but now I'm fed up. It's been nice getting to sleep easily cause it's cold, and getting to eat soup and wear sweaters and pants (I actually wish I'd brought my hat to seans) but now all I want to do is sit in the sun on the north shore. Yesterday I even got to hear my acupuncturist lose it (it was hilarious, but got me thinking) - I've never heard him swear so much in 3 minutes. I mean, 375,000 gallons of raw sewage ran into the Ala Wai canal yesterday cause a sewage main cracked under the pressure of how much water has fallen! Normal precipitation and HNL for March is 1.64". To date we have 8.1" and it's getting higher as I type. Normal for the year is 6.72" and so far we have 12.25" recorded. This is ridiculous. Over the line. I'm ready for the rain to go away.

2 Comments:

Blogger geekedout said...

this is a little ridiculous. and another week of it to go. what the fuck? think this will force them to consider treating the ala wai since it runs straight by waikiki?

3/28/2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Only because it runs into Waikiki is more like it, any place else and forget it-enjoy the feces! So ya, all that yummy wetness has moved north easterly up to here. We're on track for record precip this March. We've had 20 days of rain this month! The crazy thing is that I still don't feel as depressed as in Michigan. Ok so its rain, big fuckin deal. Its not freezing rain, which we'd be having about now. Its not soooo cold out that I have to worry about losing extremidies. In about two weeks, its gonna be beautiful...and besides the flowers are blooming! So keep perspective Michiganders, I expect more! Ohhh poor Hawaii- one month of rain...oh no! HAHAAHAHA

3/30/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home