Monday, March 13, 2006

Job sites

Last week I was at a job in Mililani at a place called Waihuna. They have a small slope stability problem there, so I was on hand to watch the guy fixing it so I could tell them if they missed a spot. The coolest part was definitely the fact that i got to ride in a cherry-picker.. I've always wanted to go in one of those =) so here's the view of the neighborhood..


Since I was watching these guys work all day, understandably, I got bored. I tried to take some artsy pics of them, which they found very amusing.

This is John. He just got back from 3 months in Thailand where he doesn't want me to know that he might have 'fucked lots of girls'... Really he was just unfortunate enough to have one of his friends ask him that on speaker phone while we were all hanging out at lunch... I died. Especially when he could barely get the guy on the phone to understand that the reason that he couldn't (wouldn't) answer was because there was a FEmale geologist right next to him and not a SHEmale geologist onsite.


Later, they told me about a real shemale that was at another jobsite over by Tripler Hospital. It went something like this:
JOHN: Hey Kyle! Remember that guy Jeff at the Tripler job?
KYLE: Guy? That was a woman..
ME: That doesn't sound good.
KYLE: Yeah she had one of those things to hold down her titties (gestures).
ME: But her name was Jeff?
JOHN and KYLE: Ominous nodding.. clearly very disturbed by this.
They then explained to me how the only thing they could figure out was that she was a woman turning into a man.. and she wasn't finished yet. They also said that one of the women they work with was talking with Jeff for about 15 minutes and couldn't figure out what sex Jeff was.


Here's the slope we're stabilizing. This means they scrape all the loose dirt off the slope with pick-axes, hoes, and shovels, then they throw a bunch of drainage stuff and shotcrete and soil nails and more shotcrete.. and apparently the slope stays where it is.

This is Reno.. tied to a tree, pick-axing some dirt. He was suprised to find out that I was in my mid to late 20s (not 19 or something) and that I go to a boxing class.

3 Comments:

Blogger geekedout said...

you do look like you're 17 you know. are the guys scared of shims?

3/14/2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Yeah, I think so. You'd think the guy that goesw to Thailand all the time would be more used to it. He is from missouri or something though.

3/14/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger Diane Harrington said...

We get " trannies" at work and I've gotten over my embarasment of asking if they are male or female

3/23/2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home