Monday, May 29, 2006

Sunday was a Long Day!

We woke up Sunday morning and I actually felt like it would be fun to tkae the bus over to the Windward side and bike to a short hike! This was new and exciting for Dave cause I don't usually want to hike, but it just sounded good Sunday. So we got our shit together and were headed out on the bus by 11. I had my Lanikai Juice and got a Maui Taco burrito for later and we got to the Keolu Hills hike by 1 or so, maybe... anyway we were at the top at 2. It was a nice hike, but could have been superb if it hadn't been so damn hot my face felt like it was melting off and burning itself while it dripped off. I wasn't so lovely, but the view from the top was awesome! We could see all of Waimanalo Beach and all of Kailua Beach. Kick ass. And when the wind came up and blew all the swarming bugs away - I even got to cool down a little. Unfortunately, Dave accidently erased all the pics that he took up there except for the time lapse, so I don't have any of those stellar views to show off, but he took a pic from Mariners Ridge last week that shows where we were..

basically on top of the little mountain in the upper left corner where the beach juts out next to the islands.

So while I sweated off my sun block and burned my face, I felt brave enough to tell Dave that I could bike home instead of bussing. Normally, this wouldn't have really been a problem, but the combination of not enough sleep and being in the sun all day and all the weight in my back pack - cause I totally filled my camel back back up after the hike instead of leaving some room - made my back cramp up about halfway through Aina Haina.. and we bussed the rest of the way home so I could shower and PASS out!

It was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home