Sunday, June 4, 2006

Maui For ME!

Today has been a long day. We camped at Kualoa this weekend (everyone should look at Dave's pics) I woke up the first time during the night to dave poking me in the eye, the second time to an unidentified crashing noise, the third time to Claire calling at 530am, and the last time cause I had to pee and it was 80 degrees and stagnant in the tent at 615.
the morning went well and I got home to do laundry and pack and bum around with dave (since I'll get back and then he'll be leaving, then he gets back and I leave and when I get back he'll be gone, and then he'll get back and go again and again and again and again and then we'll have out in november or some shit) by 1pm. I was very proud of myself because I had everything all set upa nd packed and ready to go and I even stopped at Safeway and got myself a sandwich and still made it to the sirport without losing my wallet or anything.. and then I locked the keys in the truck. Can you fucking believe that? I couldn't. I've never before locked my keys in the car, and i had been pretty sure I wasn't going to start doing anything sillly like that. Especially at the airport when I have to be getting ona plane in an hour!

Luckily, I had had the sense to keep my wallet in my hand while I locked myself out of the car, so I scurried about to get a tow truck - with the extra special help of the lady on the phone at the security number that the stupid security guy had told me was the number to call for a tow truck. She called for me while I was on hold (cause I didn't have my phone and that was my last 50 cents) and even made sure they would take my credit card. And also luckily, I had thought I was on the 610pm filght to Maui, BUT I was actually on the 640.. so I had some time. The tow truck guy came and told me that the tacoma is the EASIEST car to jimmy ever.. unforutunatley, this tacoma didn't know that and it took a half hour. but hey, at least we got it open and I got to my plane and everything is sweet. For a while though, I wasn thinking, what the hell is it with me and going to Maui? Something always goes horribly wrong! I forget my alarm and barely make the plane, I forget my wallet and miss the plane, I look at the wrong time on the ticket and miss my plane for a second time on the same day, and now, I lock the damn keys in the car while on my way to the job that just will not get off it's feet. We had 2 full days last week and only actually did about 4 hours of work due to all types of things going wrong. If I were a superstitious hawaiian I'd be saying something about the archaeological site they found at the job putting some bad juju on us.

Anyway. I got a free upgrade with my rental car (sweet) and the hotel I'm staying at has free wireless and the nicest behind the counter people I've ever met. I really like Maui.

Here's my room!

And the candy books to keep me from falling asleep... I'm so excited! Too bad Dave's not on the summit, though.. we could play =)

1 Comments:

Blogger geekedout said...

yeah, maui has some stigma for you. maybe you kicked a rock up on the summit.... next time we'll just duct tape everything important to your leg.

6/06/2006 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home