Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy Solstice


Happy Solstice everyone! The pic is from todays APOD.
Dave and I headed down the mountain this afternoon (after sleeping in til noon!) and visited Baldwin Beach - the waves were pretty big on the North Shore of Maui today and it was a very pleasant way to spend the late afternoon. Dave went for a little jog and I sunned myself while starting the 3rd Dune book. I even got a little pink, without any sunblock, after not really having time for the beach in about 3 months... it felt very nice.

After the beach I made Dave choose how I prettied myself up (I've been feeling very girly lately - wanting to wear skirts and dresses and cute shoes that make me taller - go figure!) - surfer girl skirt or hippie dress - he chose the skirt, and then we headed up to Makawao to check out a rock shop, walk around a bit, and then have a nice dinner at Casanovas.. it was VERY tasty. Dave had the calamari and some kind of fancily done up Opakapaka and I had a carpaccio salad and some spinach ravioli. I realized tonight at dimmer tha I don't seem to be able to resist any ravioli described as "pasta pillows".. it just sounds too fluffy and delicious not to eat. We finished up with a key lime tart which was basically a thin strip of some kind of cake at the bottom and key lime flavored heavy whiopped cream with some kind of soft cheese (I think) with some chocolate lattice around the outside egde. Very tasty, but Dave wanted the chocolate mousse. ;)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home