Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sliding Sands

Dave and I went for a hike this afternoon down Sliding Sands. It was another absolutely beautiful day and we were quite excited to see that once again the crater was clear.
I asked to get to be in control of the camera today and managed to get a bunch of pics of Dave being Dave walking around his second home, Haleakalaaaa Crater.




I realized this time that Dave is a poser! He can't just be him walking down the path, he sees me pointing his way, takes off the glasses and gives me the "I see you taking my picture" face with the eyebrows scrunched.. =)




Every time I looked around, it seemed like there was just more and more beautiful things around to take pictures of so I tried to catch Dave and the beauty unawares..






I got lots of compliments on my favorite hat (which makes me seek out cold weather so I can wear it) so I kept it on to enjoy it as much as possible, even though the wind was extremely light and the air actually felt rather warm.




We walked all the way down to the flats, mostly to see how my body has adjusted to the altitude and see if my footsies would get any blisters.. AND (whether I like it or not) we needed to see how my attitude would hold ;).






I finally figured out how to take a cute pic with my hat on!! ..gotta take the glasses off and close my eyes. I am soooo good at the self portraits (see sean) that I can do it with my eyes closed. HA!




Silversword!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a way cute picture of you two. Look at you, out there, hiking and stuff, its way cool.

12/20/2006 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home