Monday, July 21, 2008

Decision Time

This morning we had another world class breakfast and all got going a little later. We had to decide who was going where with who - well, I had to decide where I was going. My three choices were: 1. go back and couchsurf in Portland by myself so I could get a feel for the place, maybe catch a couple herb classes at OCOM, 2. head to the coast with pete, laurie, and tony for surfing and camping, and 3. head up to Seattle with elly, chris, and erin, get to see WA and then take the train back to portland to fly out wednesday.

I decided to go with #3 for a few reasons - mainly that I didn't have any camping gear, and I wasn't sure I could get a ride back to pdx for my flight, I've always wanted to see Seattle, and the train ride sounded like more fun than I could handle. Plus, I wanted more time to hang.

We bummed for the day, I treated Elly, we headed to Ron and Meredith's to hang with them for a bit, then all caravaned into Portland for dinner before the final separation for me. Dinner was excellent and all to soon I had to say good bye to Pete, Laurie, and Tony.

The ride back to Seattle was a good time though and I got to talk a lot of story with Erin. It was interesting for me to realize on that ride that even though I'd been friends with all these people for almost 10 years, I didn't really know them all that well. We'd all been around the same people, been at the same parties, maybe even worked together, but I'd never really sat down and had a real talk with any of them. It felt really good to be getting the opportunity to do that throughout the weekend and especially on the car ride to seattle.

We didn't get in until very late and we were all pretty excited to get to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home