Wednesday, July 2, 2008

letter

I'm getting very bored of my current situation of limbo. I don't want to think anymore about where I'm going to be living, how much it's going to cost, whether my education is good enough, how much do I like Hawaii, do I want to go somewhere else... and all the weighing and sorting of my life. Totally bored. I don't want to talk about it anymore which is making me not want to be bothered with making any decisions. Unfortunately, I've taken that road a few too many times recently and am disgusted with that as well. And all the times I have this same set of thoughts I've just laid out I'm left thinking that it's such an annoying, crazy, interesting, weird place I'm in right now. Everywhere I turn I'm confronted with things that I both don't want to look at but can't help but see the overall lesson that I could take away if I just dealt with it. It's great! but completely irritating all at once.

So a friend wrote me the other day asking how everything was going for me and I was surprised at what came out of me just a few minutes ago and I decided it captured a vantage point that I hadn't seen before and I wanted to share it:

It's been so interesting the last couple of months. really quite ridiculous, as no other description works for me. Everything in my life continues to behave in a sort of suspended, oscillating reality waiting for me to choose my own adventure and I'm finding that I've been trying very hard to worm out of the choice for a long time. Only now I'm completely cornered and it's time that I accept responsibility for my life, but I'm still looking for a way out even though I know that the only way out is to make my choice. I just wish there was some way of knowing that you made the right choice before it's too late.. but then I guess that's why there are those people out there who are always saying that it's never too late.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right there with ya. I've been staring down choices I don't want to make for quite a while now. The good part about biting yer lip and jumping one way or the other is the guarantee that new opportunities and fun choices are lying in wait on either side. Not to mention a solid plethora of friends around the world to keep ya sane no matter where you land. You are one lucky lady, here's to happiness. ;)

7/02/2008 4:24 AM  
Blogger Jesse said...

"waiting for me to choose my own adventure"

Good line.

7/02/2008 8:37 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

=D huge grin. Thanks Justin!

I was pretty proud of that line too Jess!

7/02/2008 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home