Thursday, December 11, 2008

RAIN


It is POURING on the windward side today! I haven't had this much fun since March 2006!! I got to get completely suited up to go out to Coconut today. Angelica gave me a ride - good thing - I wouldn't have been safe on my bike! It's like WHITE OUT conditions over here!! I literally can't see the the building across the lagoon sometimes!

The Punaluu rain gauge recorded 7.35" from 5am - 8am and it's still going! It's also so windy the rain is going mostly horizontal - maybe 30 deg off horizontal. It's a little worrisome that the shoddily crafted Point Lab might pop some serious leaks, but so far there's only one in the back room =)

Woo!

Now that's its noon I can say that the only irritation is that I have to walk to the bathroom...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Dude that looks like a tropical storm w/ the spiral like that. Crazy. I think that system is supposed to hit us Sat-Tues for some much needed water. PS. Feel free to add my photoblog to your links: http://jguz-photos.blogspot.com

12/11/2008 1:15 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

It's finally sunny - maybe only for the moment - we'll find out later ;)
It felt like a tropical storm the winds were fierce!

I'll add your pics on the links

12/11/2008 2:37 PM  
Blogger geekedout said...

if it makes you windward siders feel any better, the lady next door had a foot of water in her place. she's moving out next week... at least my place didn't flood (for some unknown reason).

12/13/2008 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any pictures of the town during the storm?

12/14/2008 2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home