Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's Spring (Summer)

and I spent the day inside organizing notes from my previous 2 semesters of school and enjoying the rain that was finally falling after what seemed like too many hot sunny days (I am one of those people who require inclement weather to feel fulfilled and happy). I've been obsessively listening to Ray Lamontagne, Dispatch, Brett Dennon, Mason Jennings, CeU, and Kings of Convenience lately. Quite enjoyable!

I got a brilliant idea and decided to play with some watercolors in the sprinkling rain this afternoon!

but unfortunately, the weather wasn't quite finished and decided to POUR, which ruined the cool things going on above... I kept at it though and made a semi-cheezy tree and a color wash.


Last night I made Calabrese Meatballs (YUM) and tonight DnA, Rahul, and I will eat them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

I like the idea of letting the elements do the art for you. Makes me wonder what would happen with a glue and sand (colored) piece would look like using some gusty winds...

5/28/2009 8:28 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I saw an instructional video about using sand and watercolors together once, but you had to have a giant table that was mounted on a pivot that you could rotate and tilt however you wanted. It was pretty sweet.

5/28/2009 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home