Friday, December 22, 2006

A little hike and a sunset

So today I got totally sucked in to the third book in the Dune series. They're so good! I don't know why I'm suprised, but I am.
Anyway! Dave and I caught Sunset on top of the little hill by the Haleakala visitots center that's at the top of the crater. It was suprising how much it winded me to walk up there, but I haven't really been running around ro anything, so why would I be all super adjusted?
Here's Dave getting a timelapse ready.



I've really been enjoying turning the camera around and badgering him with it. He's definielty not used to it and always has t be prepared, but atleasat I got him to laugh for this one.



Sunset was spectacular of course, and I had great fun taking pics of Haleakala's shadow pointing away from the sun. It kept making me think about whether or not I'd be able to notice such a big mountain from a boat, or whether I'd wonder why it got dark so much earlier in this one area. I mean, how funny would it be to be right on the edge of the shahow? I'm sure physics-wise the shadow would be all fuzzed out at that distance, but quit ruining my fun with reality!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home