Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Herbs

So I woke up this morning (before light sometime) with a nasty sore throat. It sucked. I couldn't fall back asleep for a while (felt like hours, who knows) and all I could think about were all the things I was breathing in yesterday while tiling and mixing mortar and all that. Difficult to say whether the tiling, or the TB test I got on Monday, or anything else were involved, but whatever it is is still swelling my throat up. It's not hurting now - stopped about 10 or 11am, and I went to school and got a treatment and some tea to kick that wind-heat right out of my body.

AND! While I was at school, I got to pick up the herbs I ordered for myself and my parents to share.

As you can see, there's a lot. The bags are all 500 grams.. I got honeysuckle flowers, Chinese rose buds, crysanthemum flowers, jujubes, Goji berries, lotus seeds, dried tangerine peels, mountain yams, and ginseng root (in chinese... jin yin hua, mei gui hua, ju hua, da zao, gou qi zi, chen pi, shan yao, and ren shen).

I'm resisting the urge to bust them open and play until I have actual instructions on how I should be mixing them and until I have a proper place to store them (Dave will get a surprise when he gets home!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home