Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hamakua Drive

I took the opportunity today to drive the Hamakua Coast (north - windward side) on the Big Island. That way I got out from under the watchful of the kitchen staff at HP and got out of my reading chair.


Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate until I got to Laupahoehoe, so most of my pictures are from there. It was raining pretty much the whole way to Laupahoehoe and then all the way to Waimea as well.


I was surprised how fast the trip went! I didn't get on the road til about 1230, and then I was hungry so I stopped in Hilo for lunch (NOT easy to find a place to eat on a Sunday - go figure), and then got back on the road around 230. I was in Waimea by 4 even with construction and rain!



I thought about going back up to HP before sunset, so as to catch it from there, but I knew I'd miss dinner and Dave and Christian would already be up at the summit, so I got dinner at the Italian place in Waimea (fair) and then headed up. Good thing I brought my book!


Sunset was really pretty and Haleakala was out.











Last shot coming up Mauna Kea road. I almost didn't stop to take this one cause I didn't think it would come out.. but good thing I did!

Thanks for lending me one of those fancy cameras Dave =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home