Monday, May 7, 2007

Camping!


Angelica and I have changed the face of camping. She and I got up to Kualoa just seconds before Sean to set up camp while David worked, Sean defended his phd thesis, and everyone else did whatever else they do. It went better than any other camping trip we've ever had. Clearly Angelica and I are geniuses (mostly her)!

We raised Dave's structure in no time, secured it with the weights and lines to the lauhala tree, waterproofed it in the rain, wind-proofed it in super high winds, and put up both tents securely. AND we did this all without needed to waste any of the line we used by cutting it to take it down!

We also remembered the hammock for the first time. It totally made the weekend as much, if not more than Erin and Aren bringing the fire bowl. I got to roast perfect marshmallows (my brand of perfect, of course) until everyone was smored out! All in all it was the loveliest camping trip I've ever had. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to get the camera out so I have no pictures. Hopefully I'll get some from DnA, Erin, and whomever else (I'm using old stock photography from 2005 - what a cheater, huh?)!

Angelica, Alisha, and I swam out to Chinaman's Hat. Alisha mostly walked there cause tide was so low. A and I snorked, barely making it over some of the rocks! We took the long way out in order to avoid some of the more shallow rocks, and of course we were distracted by pretty coral and cute little fishies (just cause they're gross when they're dead doesn't mean I can't appreciate them when they're alive, ok). By the time we got to the island I was purple with cold. Not too much fun. BUT I warmed up enough to beeline back with A. We made it in no time and even saw a puffer fish along the way.

I'm ready to go again when Dave and I get back from Cali!!

2 Comments:

Blogger geekedout said...

good work girly. i'm glad to see the powerpack got some good use too. ;) too bad we'll both be gone most of the summer, cause it would be a lot of fun to get out there.... maybe this time, you can set it up again, and run the weekend liz-style.

5/08/2007 1:04 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I don't know where you're going for most of June or August, but I'll be here...

5/08/2007 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home