Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Ups and downs

Yesterday James called me and told me that I'm accepted into the Tai Hsuan acupuncture program! Very exciting! I'm busily filling out my taxes and fafsa forms to see how much (if any) money I can get. Im hoping that keeping my current job full time or close to full time will not drive me crazy with classes a few nights a week and all day Saturday.

As for the downs, I was watching the news this morning eating my cereal and there was a story about this guy who fell into the Ala Wai Harbor last Friday. Apparently he's getting eaten alive by flesh-eating-bacteria. The dr's have already taken one of his legs and want to take the other one and maybe his arms too. yuk! What a shitty thing! Just for falling into the water! I'm sure this seems extreme, but when you think about the fact that last week there was 50 million gallons of raw sewage pumped into the canal, it doesn't seem that crazy. And people are swimming at Waikiki. And there were stories last week about people going in anyway, cause, like, I don't care.. I gotta surf. Fucking idiots! This guy got released from the hospital and them had his leg sawed off a day or 2 later! it goes that fast.
I can't help but feel bad for the guy too.. I mean don't have the best sense of balance (right Sean.. *grin*) but what a thing to have happen from an accidental fall like that. I know the article in the Advertiser implys that he was drunk but still.. I doubt he'll live through it, and even if he does, he'll be a parapalegic. I don't know why he wouldn't have mentioned what really happened with where he fell (you'd think the Dr's would have noticed some kind of smell..) I sure as hell would have.

Anyway, if you haven't lost your breakfast yet, and you're itching for more infortmation of this nasty bacteria check out the National Necrotizing Fasciitis Foundation.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

that guy died today.

4/07/2006 12:22 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

aaah.. that sucks. I don't know what kind of person he was, but that has to be a terrible way to go.

4/07/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Congrats!! Maybe if that guy had an awesome acupuncturist, his flesh-eating bacteria probelm would have gone away.

4/07/2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

maybe if he hadn't been drunk and not told any dr.'s what really happened and hadn't taken 4 days to get himself to the hospital..

4/07/2006 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home