Wednesday, June 7, 2006

I Love Pictures.... and beaches!

I actually got out of work EARLY today! Sweeeet ASS! Got 6 piles banged away, then they told me they had to take care of some equipment so I was free to go.

So I called up my new friend Shane over here in Kihei, showered off all the diesel and whatever all that black shit in the air is, and headed out to Big Beach. I'd never been there before, but I have to say it is now on my list of favorite beaches! There's a basalt cliff surrounding the right side and behind the beach if you're looking at the ocean that maybe goes up about (man I'm bad at heights) 100'.. I don't know.

Anyway, the water was warm and crystal clear and it was sandy bottoms all the way out.


We drank some IPAs and talked lots of shit - which reminded me of what was missing in my life right now...

Sunset was beautiful and we saw some dolphins!

Afterwards, I got a tasty teriyaki turkey burger (yum) and we headed out to the infamous 'Kihei Triangle' of bars where all the cool kids hang out.

I managed to not get myself too drunk and managed to talk some more shit... (is there a shit talking theme here??) I should have brought the camera into the bars, but I am one forgetful girl and I've noticed through writing this blog that I am notorious for not taking pics of the things that I had the most fun with (feijoa... SLUUUUURP!) or just the parts of trips that I want to remember better.. SO you have to look at some more pics of big beach.


When I got home, A told me I should have jumped this little ledge and checked out Little Beach with all the nakedness (she says there was a plethora of penis while she was there - fine with me) and I could have gotten the sweet pics (OF THE BEACH!! you sick fucks!) that she got there a few weeks ago.


This tree makes me want to dig all my painting gear out from under my bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger geekedout said...

damn cool beach. i'm really glad you "kissed and made-up" with maui. it's a wonderful island when you can do it right. ;)

6/12/2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm glad too! My cousin is looking at a GIS job there... it'd be sweet to get to visit!

6/13/2006 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home