Saturday, December 23, 2006

Sunrise.. Sunset..

..quickly flow the years... (anyone know that song? It takes me back to my grandma's house when she would play Roger Whittaker and I would run around singing along).


Dave woke me up to catch the sunrise this morning and it was quite wonderful.. the wind was alomst completely still which let it not be so cold. He took a bunch of sets of pics to work some image processing magic on and they turned out great as you can see. I'm sure he'll be posting more of his good stuff. I'm only getting it in before him cause he's passed out! Sneakysneaky!

Dave had to go back to work after the quick sunrise, but I stayed up and read for a bit before I went back to sleep. Dave ended up sleeping until about 3pm so I went for a walk out to the west end of the summit near an FAA something or other to read and sun myself. I didn't bring a cmaera, but it was really beautiful. Ii could see west Maui, Molokai, and maybe even a glimpse of Oahu. I can't be certain though, it might have only been a shadow from a cloud. I got fly-bys from a glider and a helicopter - which was interesting - I was wondering if they were wondering if I was stuck or something. Really, it was just distracting and kept me nervous about peeing behind a rock - you never know who might fly around the corner!

Dave met me with the car on my walk back and we ate a snack and headed to Dave's favorite lookout to watch the sunset as well. Dave took a cool timelapse of some clouds in the crater and one of the big shadow crawling up the horizon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I love that you know that song. In kindergarten I had to learn that song and we went to retirement homes to sing it to the old people. Isn't that morbid?!?!?! Like "Hey you, you're almost dead, too bad your life was over so quick?" I think they used to like it though.

In other news, I LOVE my day glo pasties. They pretty much are the most fantastic things ever. I am going to see if I can finagle them into my New Years plans, and then take lots of photos and send them to you. We will see. I hope you had a great Christmas with Dave and I miss you and I really hope that I can see you soon, friend. Love you!!!

12/29/2006 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home