Monday, July 16, 2007

Home Life

Things have been mostly uneventful over here in Michigan. I learned how to powerwash the deck, I re-stained it with my dad, we made some fresh pasta with the Calabrese meatballs (YUM!), and then this past weekend I went to Stratford, Ontario with my mom (Dad idn't want to this year) and 3 couples that are their friends.
We saw 2 plays The Comedy of Errors (Shakespeare) and My One and Only (Gershwin). The first was hilarious! Sooo funny, I was very impressed. The second wasn't as funny and had lots of singing and tap dancing. I am not usually a fan of musicals and pretty much felt the same about this one, though the singing and dancing was great (as long as you like tap and opera-ish voices) and the story was pretty good.
We stayed in a B&B called the Old Rectory. It was great! The couple that owns it (Kim and Kevan) bought the house (built in 1902) and restored it to period (with modern toilets and showers and that kind). The room I was in with my mom had a claw foot iron tub instead of a shower - fun! They served gourmet amazingly delicious breakfasts that they made themselves.
Overall I was very impressed with the town. I was expecting lot more snobbishness and dislike of tourists which was actually non-existent. The people were very friendly and accommodating.
I took a few pics of some gardens Mom and I walked around... all the pics from Stratford and some of my parents are HERE!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home