Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Crappy mornings sometimes..

Lead to better afternoons. I spent the afternoon at Foster's Botanical Gardens and it was way better than being anywhere else today. I brought my paints and chinese medical characters book and tried to remember how to paint. It could have been worse, but I got one little piece that I think looks pretty good. I might take a pic and post it later when I have it prepared (I have to trim off the ugly parts).

Then I perused the spice section looking for plants that I know from school (Skullcap to the left). I'm trying out a new project where I'm going to make a list of the plants and then go and try and find the real living thing and make a little picture book of them. Otherwise I'm just looking at the dried out pieces that we use - I don't get to connect them to anything I can truly identify.



During my escapades I found a chrysalis..
How sweet is that?? I was pretty excited. I saw a bunch of monarchs floating around after that and really wanted a picture to go with the cocoon, but no go.


















3 Comments:

Blogger geekedout said...

that sounds like a cool project. very awesome. you know, you could put it into some kind of book for your classmates or school..... i can help with that.

1/16/2007 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence, I bought my friend a Kaffir Lime for his birthday, like last week. I think they smell like thai green curry when you crush the leaves up. How totally cool. My cousins nursery sells them

1/16/2007 11:36 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Kaffir Lime is delicious! I love thai food and at some places they put it in the soup and the curry... *slobber*

1/17/2007 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home