Monday, January 22, 2007

It's Winter?



I hear it's winter in some parts of the world! Steve sent me some pics of an ice storm that went through Ann Arbor a little while back...

I know most people around here think I'm crazy for thinking these things, but I miss this stuff. I like going out and seeing the world around me frozen. I like warm fires when it's cold outside, I like the snow, I like the slowing down and the time to be inside.


I do not miss the transition though, the mud and slush. the brown, gray, rainy days where it feels so much colder than if it were snowing cause it's so wet.
I hear that in some parts of the country, tulips are already coming up. The plants are completely confused, and for the first time, the government is having to recognize that the fact that 2006 was the warmest year on record EVER is at least partly due to global warming.
It will be interesting to see how 2007 goes, with the El Nino and this so far extremely warm winter. It's looking like it will be hot, probably hotter than this year, and all those areas that hope for big bug die offs over the winter months will be paying for it this spring! hopefully the birds are ready for it - not too busy eating sunflower seeds out of feeders forgetting what their natural diet is supposed to be!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one thing I really missed when I was in Hawaii was the snow and the cold. It actually feels pretty good to be in colder weather again.

1/24/2007 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me, Todd.
Forgot that it didn't give my name.

1/24/2007 4:23 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ha! Good work. So is it going better in Cali yet? You're still there, right?

1/24/2007 9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still in Cali, but I might be moving around a bit, depending upon where I get a job. Might (cross fingers) go to LA. Might stay here in Oakland. It got much better once I started working and not being so bored all the time.

1/27/2007 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home